Educational Visit Coordinators
OEAP Educational Visit Coordinators (EVC) Courses
The course follows the national Outdoor Education Advisors Panel (OAEP) syllabus, giving you the confidence to support your school and staff to manage and develop educational visits, including day and residential experiences. This course has been developed to include guidance and good practice, policy, and procedures and requirements for Local Authority (LA), Academy, Free and Independent Schools.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
- Importance and value of outdoor learning experiences and educational visits.
- Legal issues, policies, procedures and guidance relating to educational visits and off-site activities, including day and residential visits and adventurous activities.
- Nationally recognised best practice for planning and managing educational visits, including competence, supervision and leadership.
- Roles and responsibilities regarding educational visits and their management.
- Effective management and support for the planning of educational visits within a school setting.
- Risk assessment and management of educational visits.
Who are the course trainers?
Mike Penny (Outdoor Education Adviser)
Ian McInnes (Outdoor Education Adviser)
What is the date and cost of the course?
Location: 77 Bexley Road, London, SE9 2PE
Forthcoming Dates for 2017: 22nd & 28th February, 14th March, 16th May, 7th June, 11th October, and 15th November.